[Balloon] Balloon 3 E1 release tidy-up

Author: Chris Jones
To: balloon
Subject: [Balloon] Balloon 3 E1 release tidy-up
Nick and I have just done a bit of E1 release tidying up. The
definitive, current binaries of bootldr, FPGA and zImage are in the
folder at
http://balloonboard.org/files/balloon3/distro/L3-E1_updates/
and the old confusingly-labelled 'newest' folder has disappeared. The
old bootldr and FPGA image were fatally broken in various ways so if
anyone really wants them back they'll have to build from source ;-)

There has been a minor tweak to the bootldr to add a more conservative
delay during some stages of NAND access which is intended to improve
bombproofness. It's probably not of concern to people who've already got
boards up and running but is worth using when configuring new boards.

The source for bootldr and the FPGA are tagged in svn at
/balloon/tags/E1_updates-release-20061013

I realise there's some tag-proliferation going on in svn. I propose to
move the assorted tags which were to do with interim releases of various
things made to various people this week into an 'E1-development' folder
or similar - they're worth keeping around but just cause confusion when
they're lined up with so many others. Any objections?

Chris
--
Chris Jones -
Martin-Jones Technology Ltd, makers of Solidlights