Re: [Yaffs] yaffs problem: !!!!!!!!! Allocator out !!!!!!!!!…

Author: Charles Manning
To: yaffs
CC: Charles.Manning, plima, Paul Wang, bbarnett, gdagman
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] yaffs problem: !!!!!!!!! Allocator out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
On Sunday 22 October 2006 03:56, Paul Wang wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry to disturb, I saw you discussed this problem last month.
> Is there any solution?
>
> I meet this problem and have no idea what to do.
> Currently I'm using Linux 2.6.12.
> And it's a 32M nand flash with 3 mtdbolcks.
> first 3M bytes              reserved
> following 16M bytes         file system(cramfs)
> last 13M bytes              yaffs

> I can see it reports few bad blocks for the yaffs.
> I always get this error message
> -----------------
> yaffs tragedy: no more eraased blocks
> !!!!!!!!! Allocator out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This happens because you have no erased blocks to use for further allocation.

> ---------------------
> And what I did is just using VI to edit a file(no more than 30 bytes).
>
> I have attached the /proc/yaffs file and the message during linux start up.

From the /proc/yaffs

nErasedBlocks...... 0

What you don't say is when you captured the /proc/yaffs and how you got the
system into this state.

There should never be fewer than about 5 erased blocks.

Can you do the following:

1) Erase partition
2) Mount
3) capture /proc/yaffs and output from ls -ial
4) Do whatever it is you do to get into this state. With some explanation.
5) capture /proc/yaffs.

Thanx

-- Charles