Re: [Yaffs] yaffs problem: !!!!!!!!! Allocator out !!!!!!!!!…

Author: Paul Wang
To: Charles Manning, yaffs
CC: Charles.Manning, plima, bbarnett, gdagman
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] yaffs problem: !!!!!!!!! Allocator out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi,

Thanks for your valuable answer.
Yes, I forget to erase the mtdblock first.

After I used "mkyaffs" to erase the block, It shows from /proc/yaffs that nEraseblocks is 815.
I can write some files without the errors.

Then I got another problem, after I write some files(the total blocksize is 13M and I write around 5M data),
the nEraseblock went down to 0 and I got the same error message again.
Even I delete some files and the nEraseblock is always 0.
That means the flash is not fully released.

How to do the garbage collection?
How can my application know when to do the garbage collection?

Regards
Paul