[Balloon] toolchains for non-debian systems

Author: Wookey
To: Balloon
Subject: [Balloon] toolchains for non-debian systems
All the toolchains a person might ever need are available from
http://www.emdebian.org/debian/dists/ as described here:
http://wiki.debian.org/EmdebianToolchain

But that is in a form only useful for debian-based systems. For other
users RPM and tgz toolchains are needed. I've just made some of those
with alien, and as the only install scripts involved are for the
alternatives mechanism (for setting the default toolchain) they should
work fine.

But I can't test them as not-debian boxes are not allowed in the house
:-) So can someone with a suitable machine download either:
http://www.emdebian.org/files/tools/tgz/gcc4.1-glibc2.3.6-binutils2.17-i386-arm-cross-toolchain.tgz

or

all the rpms in http://www.emdebian.org/files/tools/rpm/
(I don't thin the dependencies have been translated as part of the
process, which is a pity, but bascailly you need all of those, except the
c++ stuff is optional)

and install them and see if stuff builds for you. (this will only
really build kernels as-is because no libraries are included. We can
sort out a similar scheme for cross-development packages (for zlib,
etc) if this appears to work.

Note the cross prefix is now arm-linux-gnu- not just arm-linux- (to
distinguish from uclibc and gnueabi toolchains)

work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/                 play: http://wookware.org/