Re: [Yaffs] mount without updating timestamp

Author: Charles Manning
To: yaffs
CC: Chandru
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] mount without updating timestamp
On Tuesday 16 January 2007 01:20, Chandru wrote:
> Hi,
>
>             I am using yaffs file system with 2.4.19 kernel. I want to
> mount the file system, where in I don't want the timestamp to be updated
> when a file is accessed for reading and writing.

> Can anybody suggest me an idea ?

In file system technical speak I think you mean mounting with noatime.
atime is updated when a file is accessed. This slows the file system. Thus,
you can mount a file system with a noatime flag which prevents the flag from
being updated whenever the file is read.

YAFFS does not support atime updating. Any time you mount yaffs it is
equivalent to mounting with noatime.

YAFFS does however update file times when the files are written. The only way
I can think of to get around this is to programmatically set the file update
time after you have written the file.

-- CHarles