Re: [Yaffs] Products shipping YAFFS ??

Author: Brad Beveridge
To: Johnson, Charles F
CC: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Products shipping YAFFS ??
On 01/03/07, Johnson, Charles F <> wrote:
> I'm new to YAFFS. Is there a list of products that are known to
> shipping YAFFS ?? I couldn't find anything in the archives.

I have personally worked with several devices that ship yaffs in the
real world. I don't really know if I'm allowed to specifically
mention these devices though, so I wont. I estimate that these
devices have probably shipped in excess of 10,000 Gb of NAND running
Yaffs1/2. I am aware of some RMAs due to corrupted flash (for
whatever reason), but it is so rare that there is no "standard
procedure" to deal with it.

I understand that many manufacturers don't particularly want the
innards of their devices publicly known, but it might be nice to have
a figure somewhere saying "Yaffs runs on x Gb of NAND in the real
world".

One product that I have worked on, and am comfortable saying "runs
yaffs" is this device - http://bluewatersys.com/dsu/dds_express.php.

Sorry that this is anecdotal, but it's the best I can offer. I've
worked with Yaffs pretty much since it was first released (~4 years
ago?), and I wouldn't personally choose any other file system for
NAND.

Cheers
Brad