[Yaffs] Onenand and yaffs [was: Re: bug in drivers/mtd/onena…

Author: Vitaly Wool
To: kmpark
CC: linux-mtd, yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] Onenand and yaffs [was: Re: bug in drivers/mtd/onenand/onenand_base.c?]
Kyungmin Park wrote:

>I saw your mtd git tree related with yaffs. I tested the yaffs on onenand
>before. But as you know it failed.
>Now with your patch how many bytes are needed in yaffs if ecc provided?

Not sure if I understood you right here. YAFFS2 generally needs 28 OOB
bytes, and 16 without ECCOther.

>Maybe we need to modify onenand read & write function to support read/write
>with oob simultaneously.
>Currently it only supports separated read or oob function only, instead of
>both.

Yep, that's a problem since I first started with yaffs and onenand on
2.6.10. I've got the patch to yaffs which suppresses simultaneous
read/write of data and tags but it's determined by the compile-time
option which is not nice.
If we were able to determine by any means that yaffs is running over
onenand and not normal nand, we could do it at runtime. That might be a
good start.

Thanks
Vitaly