Re: [Yaffs] problem mounting yaffs2 : No such device or addr…

Author: Vitaly Wool
To: Charles Manning
CC: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] problem mounting yaffs2 : No such device or address
On 3/21/07, Charles Manning <> wrote:
> Interesting... when YAFFS started off it used the same mechanisms as JFFS2 to
> locate the mtd device.
>
> It looks like it is worth doing one of:
> 1) Change YAFFS to use mtd handles the same way.
> - or -
> 2) Do something in Kconfig to prevent this sort of confusion.
>
> Suggestions? Patches?

It's just a nodev thingie I guess...
We can either make yaffs nodev or force it to depend on MTD_BLOCK.
I personally don't see any sense in the latter as it's quite
artificial. It's just mount routine that needs a block device or
"nodev" to open, yaffs itself does NOT interact with MTD block layer,
as well as JFFS2.
The former option is a bit tricky but makes sense. However, I don't
see a particular need to change anything here, other than for symmetry
reasons :)

Vitaly