Re: [Yaffs] Problem with Yaffs on Routerboard RB112 and kern…

Author: David Goodenough
To: Vitaly Wool
CC: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Problem with Yaffs on Routerboard RB112 and kernel 2.6.19
On Tuesday 08 May 2007, Vitaly Wool wrote:
> David,
>
> On 5/8/07, David Goodenough <> wrote:
> > I tried upgrading to the latest Yaffs (from cvs) - no change. So I
> > thought I would try the version of yaffs_mtdif2.c in the patches
> > directory, but it does not compile. I get:-
>
> please read attentively my last answer. You might find the following
> sentense there:
> "Since 2.6.18, the whole MTD susbystem in kernel has been reworked quite a
> bit."
>
> Vitaly

Well from what I understood the latest CVS yaffs2 was supposed to be
updated to cope with this latest MTD subsystem behaviour. In fact the
default yaffs_mtdif2.c DOES compile, it is only the patched one (and
no-one has yet answered my original question as to which version is
supposed be to the right one for my circumstances, so I am doing a
trial and error approach) that does not compile, let along run. There
was actually an update to the patched version in the last few days,
but even with that it does not compile.

If my understanding that the current CVS Yaffs2 should work with the
2.6.19 kernel is wrong, then obviously I will have to wait until it
is updated to work with it.

David