Re: [Yaffs] Almost all blocks marked bad on Nand partition u…

Author: ian@brightstareng.com
To: Arvind Agrawal
CC: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Almost all blocks marked bad on Nand partition using YAFFS
Arvind,

You might like to try a version I put together recently
to run on 2.6.21, see
http://users.actrix.co.nz/manningc/yaffs2-ian-20070523.tgz.

You do not need the stuff for 9BYTE_TAGS that I added to
this, but it also includes a change to the MTD interface
that I needed on 2.6.21-rc6.

BTW: if the NAND bad block markings are screwed up you will
need to hack MTD to let you erase these blocks to recover them.
I always recommend disabling the MTD's bad-block marking when
bringing up a new board/platform and to record the NAND chips
bad-block list before you start.

-Ian