Re: [Yaffs] Almost all blocks marked bad on Nand partition u…

Author: Arvind Agrawal
To: ian
CC: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Almost all blocks marked bad on Nand partition using YAFFS
Thanks Ian !
I will give it a try !
I have modified MTD layer to differentiate between the Factory Marked Bad
Blocks and Bad Blocks marked such due to "Wear" and have a command in boot
loader to be able create
Bad Block Table for only Factory Marked Bad. and thus enabling it to erase
BAd Blocks due to Wear. This allows me to recover from these issues.

I have been using YAF
BTW, do have any clue , what may be causing this behaviour (excessive
marking of Bad Blocks by YAFFS). Knowing this will allow me to reproduce and
test this issue. As this I have seen Only Couple of times on 2 different
Units, I have been using YAFFS2 for 4 months now and only recently saw this
issue.

Thanks again,

Arvind