Re: [Yaffs] I want to use to nand flash emulator(nandemul2k)

Author: ian@brightstareng.com
To: 전상일
CC: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] I want to use to nand flash emulator(nandemul2k)
Sangil Jun,

On Sunday 01 July 2007 02:09, Sangil Jun wrote:
> > Why not use nandsim?  I just built, loaded, mounted,
> > populated, unmounted, remounted, a Yaffs fs on nandsim and
> > it seems to work just fine.  I used the default nandsim
> > settings for device emulation -- a small page, 8MB toshiba
> > device.
>
> Yes, I think so and I want to use nandsim.
> I think that nandsim is better than nandemul2k.
> So, I try to use nandsim with yaffs2 of large blocks.
> But I could not use.
> Can you tell me your versions of kernel and yaffs2, etc, if
> you are using nandsim.

When I tried nandsim last week I used a small-page simulation, on
a 2.6.21-rc6 kernel/mtd (ARM) and I used the version of Yaffs I
have based on the code at
http://users.actrix.co.nz/manningc/yaffs2-ian-20070523.tgz

I have not used Yaffs with a large-page device (or sim) on a post
2.6.17 (when MTD API changed). You might like to read the
posting from Arvind Agrawal last friday:
http://balloonboard.org/lurker/message/20070629.213057.48c1691a.en.html
Arvind has identified an issue with MTD oob writing that looks
interesting -- this would also affect nandsim (large-page mode).

-imcd