Re: [Yaffs] yaffsVersion meaning

Author: Rick Bronson
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] yaffsVersion meaning
imcd, et al,

Thanks very much for the clarification.

Actually I was more interested in yaffsVersion's effect on oob
layout, if any.

Let's say I have a 512/16 part that was formatted using old yaffs1 and

    .eccpos = {8, 9, 10, 13, 14, 15}

and then I run the latest yaffs2 that correctly senses a 512/16 part
and selects yaffsVersion=1. Since my kernel version is
now > KERNEL_VERSION(2,6,18), I can't access this partition since I'm
now selecting MTD_OOB_AUTO. I think the OpenWRT folks may have
stumbled upon this issue (see https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/1779).

Rick Bronson