Re: [Yaffs] yaffsVersion meaning

Author: Ian McDonnell
To: rick
CC: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] yaffsVersion meaning
Rick,

On Thursday 09 August 2007 13:33, Rick Bronson wrote:
>   and then I run the latest yaffs2 that correctly senses a
> 512/16 part and selects yaffsVersion=1.  Since my kernel
> version is now > KERNEL_VERSION(2,6,18), I can't access this
> partition since I'm now selecting MTD_OOB_AUTO.

You should be able to access it if you change the nand_ecclayout
in MTD. With >= 2,6,18 Yaffs no longer has control over the
layout, MTD does, and it has to match the old setup.

> I think the
> OpenWRT folks may have stumbled upon this issue (see
> https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/1779

I worked to David Goodenough (ticket 1779) and we got a working
solution that resulted in the new CONFIG_YAFFS_9BYTE_TAGS
option.

-imcd