[Balloon] loon2 2.6.23-rc7 patches

Author: Jonathan McDowell
To: balloon
Subject: [Balloon] loon2 2.6.23-rc7 patches
I've updated my loon2 patches to 2.6.23-rc7, the latest kernel release
at present. My hope is to finally get the base support into mainline,
though I believe I've missed the 2.6.24 ARM window so it'll be 2.6.25 at
the earliest.

You can find the patches, the config used and a compiled zImage at:

http://balloonboard.org/~noodles/2.6.23-rc7-r1/

What this will give you is:

* Base balloon2 support.
* SAMOSA support.
* NAND (on SAMOSA) support.
* YAFFS support - though I'm not entirely sure this is happy. JFFS2
works fine on the NAND though.
* USB host.
* CompactFlash.

These are all basically forward ports of the 2.6.18 work I did last year
based on Nick's patches. As usual comments most appreciated. Wookey is
hopefully going to get me another loon2 for testing and once I've
confirmed the kernel works there as well I'll look at submitting the
base patch upstream.

I'm aware that the main missing things that are desired are audio and
USB slave. Currently I'd rather concentrate on getting some bits into
mainline first, as otherwise I keep having to update existing patches
before being able to work on the remaining bits.

J.

--
Life takes its toll. Have exact change ready. . . .