[Balloon] Regarding acquirement of a dev board

+ (text/html)
Author: Bjørn Ove Årthun
To: balloon
Subject: [Balloon] Regarding acquirement of a dev board
Dear Sirs,

I am new to the balloon board mailing list. I have just started hanging out
on irc.oftc.net #balloon. I had a nice chat with a person there regarding
this balloon aleph one project.

As of 27th I will be moving to brazil, one of my goals there is to develop a
sub-notebook system that is affordable for poor people,
and this balloon board is just what I have been looking for as I heard it is
open - hardware - meaning it may be modified and reproduced.

As of now, I have a proof of concept system for a new operating systems
kernel that is implemented into a linux kernel - and the schematics for a
new GUI based upon an opensource one, yet the goal of this development is to
make a vector based GUI, which will be hardcoded in assembly for the
architecture for speed attainment. A freescale coldfire cpu is an intent to
add to
the board via expansion port.

Congratulations on all of your achievements, I really want to become a part
of this community and get hold of a dev board.
Ofcourse, my achievements will be accessible for other developers, as I am
open to such.

I have been running a multimedia company in norway which was also a music
label, and we have been playing on the national radio for about 6 months. I
have programmed assembly since I was about 9 years old where I started on
the zx spectrum 48k, and went on to sme 6502 - then to the motorola 68k arch
- and their dsps. Lately I have been working with the apple architecture
using the apple developer connection tools and Im a member there.

I assure that I am serious with my intents - but I am mainly interested in
adding devices (expansions) to the board and software development. My
attainment is highspeed applications utilizing assembly language.

My email is . I would be really grateful if
someone could answer me with details regarding getting hold of a board via
the next batch produced by cambridge university - as this is a project I
want to support.

Regards,

Bjorn Ove.