[Yaffs] Problem building yaffs direct stuff

Author: Colin Tuckley
Subject: [Yaffs] Problem building yaffs direct stuff
I'm attempting to build the yaffs stuff for the Balloon bootldr using the
latest sources from cvs.

It looks like no one has attempted a non-kernel type of build for a long
time. I'm getting lots of warnings and errors. Some of these are due to
recent versions of gcc having much stricter error/warning checking, things
like memcpy not being declared because string.h hasn't been included and I
am fixing those.

Other problems include polluting the name space with variables and types
which are kernel specific due to including kernel specific include files
being included all the time. I'm fixing these by wrapping the includes in
#ifdef __KERNEL__ statements.

However I've just come across one error which I don't know how to fix:

yaffs2/direct/yaffs_flashif.c: In function
‘yflash_WriteChunkWithTagsToNAND’:
yaffs2/direct/yaffs_flashif.c:134: error: ‘yaffs_PackedTags’
undeclared (first use in this function)

It appears that yaffs_PackedTags has been replaced with yaffs_PackedTags1
and yaffs_PackedTags2, but I'm not sure which of these I should be using. I
want yaffs2 full support for 2k nand so I'm guessing the latter.

regards,

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  +44(0)1903 236872  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
Debian Developer   |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

Good advice is something a man gives when he is too old to set a bad
example. - La Rochefoucaud