Re: [Yaffs] yaffs2 not retaining file after remounting....

Author: Bernd Petrovitsch
To: Thomas Scariah
CC: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] yaffs2 not retaining file after remounting....
On Fre, 2008-01-25 at 17:22 +0530, Thomas Scariah wrote:
[...]
> Thanks for your timely response and hoping for the best...
>
> When i applied the patch . I got following error in the compilation
> fs/yaffs2/yaffs_mtdif2.c: In function 'nandmtd2_pt2buf':

[...]
> fs/yaffs2/yaffs_mtdif2.c: In function 'nandmtd2_QueryNANDBlock':
> fs/yaffs2/yaffs_mtdif2.c:226: error: 'struct yaffs_DeviceStruct' has no
> member named 'nBytesPerChunk'
>
> so i did some relevant changes as following and able to compile properly.
> But this time after the mount when i run "df -h" command. It showing
> complete space as used space and not allowing to add any new file to it...
> Its showing complete size as bad blocks (not as permannetly for this image
> only..)

You did restart with an erased partition? At least I did that.

> the main changes i have done is
> nBytesPerChunk to nDataBytesPerChunk

Now that you mention it, it remember doing similar trivial fixes to make
it compile (I have a 2.6.11.7 kernel - not that new in April 2007 ....).
And obviously trivial enough that I completely forgot about it;-).

> mtd->oobinfo.oobfree[j][0] to 2 and mtd->oobinfo.oobfree[j][1] to 38
> also did some modification for funcs read_oob ,read_ecc & write_ecc.

I don't recall changing anything in the functions or to the ECC
constants.
But I'm not an expert on the inner workings of yaffs2 and/or the MTD
layer or interaction of both or know why the one works and the original
didn't.

    Bernd
          Embedded Linux Development and Services