[Yaffs] MTDEmulator code usage with Yaffs2

+ (text/html)
Author: Joe Mittu
To: yaffs
CC: nagabi2003
Subject: [Yaffs] MTDEmulator code usage with Yaffs2
Hi All,

To build the YAFFS2 in the linux kernel (Fedora 2.6.20 ) we followed the
steps below.

1. Download the YAFFS2 from
http://www.aleph1.co.uk/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi

2.      Extract the package contents in any directory. For eg. /home/YAFFS2

1. The downloaded yaffs2 package contains *patch-ker.sh *script file.
Move to this directory and run the patch-ker.sh using the following
command.

*./patch-ker.sh c /usr/src/linux*

*                        (or)*

*./patch-ker.sh l /usr/src/linux*

1. Run make menuconfig. The following options should be enabled in the
configuration file.

·        Enabling MTD driver

Select Device driverà

                      Memory Technology Devices (MTD)à

                      Enable - Memory Technology Device (MTD) support.

                      Enable - MTD partitioning support.

                      Enable - Direct char device access to MTD device.

                      Enable - Caching block device access to MTD device.

·        Enabling NAND flash driver

Select Device driverà

                      Memory Technology Devices (MTD)à

                      NAND Flash Driverà

                      Enable - NAND Device Support.

                      Enable – Support for NAND flash simulator.

1. Exit the menuconfig utility after saving the configuration file

6.      Execute the following commands one after the other.

a.      make clean

b.      make

c.      make modules

d.      make modules_install

e.      make install

1. Reboot the system once.
2. insmod yaffs2.ko (from the YAFFS2 Source directory path).
3. Now we were able to view the YAFFS2 listed in /proc/filesystems.

We would like to use the MTDEmulator code available with the downloaded
Yaffs package under the kernel 2.6.20. But the available MTD Emulator code
is meant only for the kernel 2.4.x.

We are in need of MTD Emulator code for the kernel 2.6.20 and the steps to
use that code and play with Yaffs2.

Please help us..

Thanks in advance.

Regards,