Re: [Yaffs] NFS and YAFFS

Author: Henrik Grindal Bakken
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] NFS and YAFFS
Charles Manning <> writes:

> On Tuesday 12 February 2008 01:50:45 Henrik Grindal Bakken wrote:
>> This, as it happens, works to an extent. If I mount read-write, it
>> hangs, if I mount read-only, it works, but only up to one or two
>> clients. I'm not entirely certain where stuff hangs, but at least
>> it hangs to the extent that searching $PATH for anything on
>> /mnt/base hangs forever.
>>
>> It appears to me that nfs-exporting yaffs filesystems is shaky at
>> best. Is this something anyone does or has any experience with?
>
> What kind of problems are you seeing?

The mount command hangs, and accessing the yaffs filesystem on the nfs
server hangs as well. Processes go into uninterruptable sleep. Looks
like your typical unreachable nfs server problems, but one major
difference is that this happens on the server as well. I would
imagine that the problems on the client come because the server hangs
on accessing the yaffs filesystem.

--
Henrik Grindal Bakken <>
PGP ID: 8D436E52