Re: [Yaffs] Critical BUG in YAFFS2 !!!

+ (text/html)
Author: Asheefikbal
To: Charles Manning
CC: aravind, athif, yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Critical BUG in YAFFS2 !!!

Hi Charles,

I have two important ivestigations on Write performance issue in GC, which
will improve the performance during write.

1.    Once the "oldestDirtySequence" is been calculated in function
"yaffs_BlockNotDisqualifiedFromGC", we dont have to keep recomputing it till
the block associated with oldestDirtySequence is actually been ERASED.
    This will remove the extra overhead of oldestDirtySequence recomputation
and improves the write performance.

2.   While grabbing the prioritised block in function
"yaffs_FindBlockForGarbageCollection", there is extra overhead seen in the
perticular scenario as explained bellow.
      If the block which needs gcPrioritise and hasShrinkHeader, then this
is leading heavy overhead on write performance till all the prioritised
blocks are done with GC. It will be really helpful if the solution being
found for this problem.

I will be very thankful on your valuable suggestions to the points mentioned
as above

Thanks,
Asif