Re: [Yaffs] yaffs/direct Makefile: adapt to fit library

Author: Charles Manning
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] yaffs/direct Makefile: adapt to fit library
On Monday 03 November 2008 14:35:08 Rutger Hofman wrote:
> Good evening list,
>
> I am using yaffs/direct for my project (yaffs on eCos). I adapted the
> Makefile in direct/, because I want it to generate a library -- right
> now, it generates a linked executable.
>
> The changes are:
>
> - add a target (not the default) for building a library
> - making a difference between the files that should belong in the
> library and the files that are used to build the direct/ demo executables
> - and some small stuff: I like to generate dependency files; I changed
> the symlinking of the files in direct/../ to use the files themselves,
> because symlinks defy dependency checking.
>
> Is yaffs interested in a patch?
>
> Rutger

Hello

Please do post this to the list.

If it is considered useful then it may be incorporated.

Since it is useful in building eCos, I suggest that you also add it to the
eCos Package.

YAFFS Direct is very often built with non-gcc toolchains so it is difficult to
judge how useful a patch like this is. Still, if it's on the list then at
least that helps.

-- Charles