Re: [Yaffs] [ECOS] Re: YAFFS2 in eCOS

Author: Rutger Hofman
To: Bryan Wu
CC: yaffs@lists.aleph1.co.uk, Deroo Stijn, ecos-discuss
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] [ECOS] Re: YAFFS2 in eCOS
Bryan Wu wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 4:29 PM, Rutger Hofman <> wrote:
>> [Forwarded from the YAFFS mailing list also to the eCos list]
>>
>> Currently eCos has no real support for NAND flash. However, at this very
>> moment I am working on that -- it is the main part of my job right now.
>> BlackFin, including Bad Block Table, ECC, etc. But before I publish, I
>> need lots more stress testing.
>>

> Interesting, you are porting eCos to Blackfin. What kind of Blackfin
> hardware are you using?

I use/adapted/extended the eCos port from the Tech University of
Chemnitz by Andre Liesk (google knows where to get this). We will
publish our contributions later, when the pressure has a abated a bit.

Hardware: I started with a BF537 Stamp dev-board for a pilot study. Now,
my hardware is a BF548 EZ-Kit -- mainly because it has NAND flash. The
BF548 has an on-board NAND Flash Controller (NFC). The hardware our
group is currently developing is a custom board that will feature a
BF547, also with NAND flash.

Rutger Hofman
VU Amsterdam