Re: [Balloon] Emdebian Grip on Balloon

Author: Wookey
To: Balloon
Subject: Re: [Balloon] Emdebian Grip on Balloon
On 2009-01-07 17:43 +0000, P.J.G. Long wrote:
> On Jan 7 2009, Wookey wrote:
>
> >Yesterday the very new Emdebian Grip distro booted on Balloon - the
> >first boot on a non-x86 target.
> >

> Sounds good, any improvement on booting speed?

I just tested it and unsurprisingly (it runs almost exactly the same
code) it took the same time to the second.

As discussed there are lots of things to make the boot faster
(although most of them reduce flexibility in some way). Someone just
has to find some time to test them and decide which are generic enough
for inclusion for all and which need to be reserved for a 'fast boot'
image.

Principal hats: Balloonz - Toby Churchill - Aleph One - Debian
http://wookware.org/