Re: [Balloon] No output on Balloon3 with Toppoly display

Author: Wookey
To: Jim Rayner
CC: balloon
Subject: Re: [Balloon] No output on Balloon3 with Toppoly display
+++ Jim Rayner [2009-02-18 15:56 +0000]:
>    Hi

>    I have Balloon 3 with working touchscreen and backlight but frustratingly
>    no display output.

If it's working you get a penguin on the framebuffer during startup.

>    Nothing is displayed during startup, piping text to tty0 or when using
>    Xfbdev or similar.

>    Does anyone have a known good code base for a working Balloon3 with
>    Toppoly display which they can direct me to or any framebuffer/Toppoly
>    config tips.

You do need to have CONFIG_BALLOON3_TOPPOLY set in the kernel you are
using. Some kernel vintages defaulted to CONFIG_BALLOON3_VGA for use
with the external VGA display.

That's not listed in the CONFIG section you gave.

check /proc/config

current standard default config here:
http://balloonboard.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/balloon/trunk/kernel/2.6.25.2/balloon3config.patch?rev=534&view=markup

Principal hats: iEndian - Balloonboard - Toby Churchill - Emdebian
http://wookware.org/