Re: [Balloon] No output on Balloon3 with Toppoly display

Author: Chris Jones
To: Jim Rayner
CC: balloon
Subject: Re: [Balloon] No output on Balloon3 with Toppoly display
Jim Rayner wrote:
> I have Balloon 3 with working touchscreen and backlight but
> frustratingly no display output.
>
> Nothing is displayed during startup, piping text to tty0 or when using
> Xfbdev or similar.
>
> Does anyone have a known good code base for a working Balloon3 with
> Toppoly display which they can direct me to or any framebuffer/Toppoly
> config tips.

Jim and I have just had a hack at getting this to work, and it turned
out that the software was doing all the right things but there was a
broken track on his Toppoly interface board which resulted in the
display getting no pixel clock. Fixing this made it all work nicely.

Chris
--
Chris Jones -
Martin-Jones Technology Ltd, makers of Solidlights