Re: [Yaffs] Access to files on a YAFFS2 image

Author: McCash John-GKJN37
To: Laurie van Someren
CC: Charles Manning, yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Access to files on a YAFFS2 image
Laurie,
    Apologies for my ignorance in this area, but I'm looking at it
from more of an OS perspective, and don't delve into the actual program
APIs any more than I absolutely must. My background has much more system
administration in it than it does software development. I've seen the
yaffs direct user guide you referenced, and it seems to me (with
apologies to the author) to be a very opaque document... I've read the
first half of it several times, and I'm still not entirely sure what
yaffs direct is, in terms of its actual implementation.

    My need is really for OS level tools to manipulate the
filesystems and images, and the details of their usage, rather than low
level descriptions of program APIs for doing the same thing. Do such
tools exist for yaffs direct?

        Thanks
            John