Re: [Yaffs] yaffs filesystem on 8k page nand device!!!

Author: Murali N
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] yaffs filesystem on 8k page nand device!!!
Hi All,

i have another question

If MTD tells the page size as 8K to the YAFFS, then YAFFS generate the
8K page aligned to/from addresses.
Here i am not understanding how do i handle the 8K page read/write
request on two physically separate NAND 4K page flash devices? ( I am
assuming i have 8K page device virtually by combining 2 4K devices )

If my driver accept the 8K page read/write request, then it try to
write the 4K size data into one NAND flash
and remaining 4K size data into another NAND flash.But ultimately i am
not writing anything to the next 4K on any
of the NAND flash device, so waste would be 8K bytes.

If the another page read/write request comes that address aligned to
8K page size again.

In this case how do i read/write 8K page request from the YAFFS!!!

Thanks

--
Regards,
Murali N