Re: [Yaffs] FSX issues on YAFFS2

Author: JiSheng Zhang
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] FSX issues on YAFFS2
Hi Charles,

Thanks for your time. I have test the newest code, it still failed :(.

2009/12/23 Charles Manning <>:
> Hi
>
> The problem is more to do with the interactions between the VFS and yaffs.
>
> I just updated cvs with a fix that seems to work pretty well. I have 4 CPUs
> running fsx on the nandsim. One has been running for 3 hours and the other 3
> for over an hour.
>
> Previous to this fsx would typically fail within a few minutes.

some nandsim parameter and fsx's seed can trigger failure easily. For example,

modprobe nandsim first_id_byte=0x20 second_id_byte=0xac
third_id_byte=0x00 fourth_id_byte=0x25
modprobe mtdblock
mount -t yaffs2 /dev/mtdblock0 /mnt/yaffs2
./fsx -N 100000 -S 1596 /mnt/yaffs2/testfsx

it will fail at 7xxxx operations.

Regards,
Jisheng