Re: [Balloon] menuconfig building

Author: Hector Oron
To: Nick Bane
CC: balloon
Subject: Re: [Balloon] menuconfig building
Hello,

> Hector wants to make everything into debian packages. Needs discussion as it
> seems overly complex to me but I may be being insufficiently radical.

I do not believe it is so complex, as `u-boot' is already a Debian
package but it might need some work (scary that you can upgrade uboot
from `apt'), but it might need a design rethink from Debian point of
view. Marek is also interested on this.

For kernel, it is just a one liner to get a binary Debian package
(using `kernel-package').

For the rest of userland, emdebian is already packaged into debs :)

Best regards,
--
 Héctor Orón

-- Day DVB-T stop working nicely