Re: [Balloon] Patch: fetch yaffs from git instead of cvs

Author: Wookey
To: Charles Manning
CC: Balloon
Subject: Re: [Balloon] Patch: fetch yaffs from git instead of cvs
+++ Charles Manning [2010-08-25 15:50 +1200]:
> Can someone please give this a look over and add to subversion?

OK, done (in trunk).

> I'd do this excpet that:
> a) I don't have svn superpowers.
> b) I'm a bit unsure of that test $$? stuff and would like a knowledgeable
> person to give it a look over.

I think that $$? is to do with tar behaviour when it is overwriting an
existing tarball.

I've also change the tools file to check for git instead of cvs and
install git-core if missing, and that revealed a bashism which now
means it's all bust where your shell is now dash. SO I've fixed all
that too.

> Balloon really needs to fetch yaffs from git rather than cvs because the cvs
> is no longer being kept fresh. The git server holds all the cvs history too,
> so it is capable of serving up any yaffs version, using the same version date
> id as cvs, since yaffs was in nappies.

Yep. I tried to do it a while back as the comments showed but it
didn't work the way I tried.

Principal hats: Linaro, Emdebian, Wookware, Balloonboard, ARM
http://wookware.org/