[Yaffs] 2 chunks getting written for object header on creati…

+ (text/html)
Author: sandeep dhoot
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] 2 chunks getting written for object header on creating a file
Hi all,

I am studying and characterizing yaffs2 as part of my grad project.
Well I see that on creating a file 2 chunks get written one after other and
when the second is written the first is invalidated. The first gets written
due to call to UpdateObjectHeader from yaffs_MknodObject while the second is
written due to call to UpdateObjectHeader from yaffs_setattr. So why do we
write object header again to flash on setattr and not just call
inode_setattr and return? Is there any specific reason for writing a chunk
on setattr? This always wastes one chunk on file creation.

Please respond with your valuable feedbak.

Thanks,
Sandeep