[Yaffs] block refreshing

Author: Zorat@web.de
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] block refreshing

Hi all,

I'm wondering if block refreshing would actually be working, if only one block of flash memory is in use and contains only valid data. As far as I can see, refreshSkip is only decremented if a block for garbage collection has been selected. But in case only one block is used and that block does not have any obsolete chunks, no block but checkpoint blocks will ever be selected for garbage collection. Once all checkpoint blocks are collected no garbage collection will take place anymore, right? So, how will refreshSkip ever reach value zero to trigger block refreshing?

cheers,
Chris

WEB.DE DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 €/mtl.! Jetzt mit
gratis Handy-Flat! http://produkte.web.de/go/DSL_Doppel_Flatrate/2