Re: [Yaffs] Concerned about partially written block detected

Author: David Peverley
To: yaffs
CC: manningc2
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Concerned about partially written block detected
Hi Charles,

> The test harness code is in yaffs2/direct/tests. Read the README which should
> be reasonably up to date.

Thanks for that - I'd originally ignored this test-dir as they were
under the 'direct' sub-tree wheras we're using YAFFS on top of MTD! Is
there a variant of these tests we can run on a non-simulated
environment? If not I guess this is an opportunity for us to
roll-our-own!

Background : I'm looking at a device that's been deployed for a while
with a version of YAFFS from dec 2006. on around 1% of deployed
devices we've seen files magically duplicating themselves in the fs
(same name, same inode number!) - we can't manually reproduce so
trying some other tests was the next step to seeing if we could
attempt to reproduce via different methods of abuse...!

Cheers,

~Pev