Re: [Yaffs] How to mount a yaffs2 partition on linux ubuntu …

Author: Luca
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] How to mount a yaffs2 partition on linux ubuntu 11.04
Charles Manning <manningc2 <at> actrix.gen.nz> writes:

> On Friday 04 November 2011 13:31:15 Luca wrote:
> > Charles Manning <manningc2 <at> actrix.gen.nz> writes:

> > > What exactly did you try to do?
> >
> > I simply try to mount a partition done with nanddump.
> > I have put all code in the first mail...
> > But now i see only the directory LOst+Found as all people on this forum.
>
> I am pretty sure the problem is with the way oob data is being handled.
>
> I am working on a tool which will help.

hi charles,�
thanks for the ansewer.�
I think that the way to handle the obb is right because i checked very well that
my partiton is yaffs2 andvha 64kb of oob data for page and i use the same
parameter when i create the nand simulator on linux ubuntu with the command
nandsim. so i don 't think the problem is this. i would to know if you tried to
mount an android partition on linux with success. all people on this list has
the same problem. there are a lot of topic with same description. all people can
see only the lost+found folder. so i think that this is a very very�important
problem but there it seems that noone has a solution at this moment. i tried to
ask to andrew hoogs without any success.�

luca