[Yaffs] File Size

+ (text/html)
Author: Laurie van Someren
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] File Size
Andre,
In a response in October 2008 Charles Manning said:-
"
> In YAFFS the file system partition can be many Gbytes. We have had

some people using it with 6 GBytes or more.
As for individual file sizes, YAFFS should be able to handle individual
files bigger than 2Gbytes but I have not tested this. If the current
code does not currently handle this then it should be a relatively
simple matter to correct that.
YAFFS stores things in the granularity of "chunks" and with current
settings that limits the file size to approx 16 m illion chunks per
file. In a system where the "chunk size" is 2k bytes that makes a
theoretical file size of 32Gbytes.
"
I expect he will add if he has further comments now.

LvS

--
Laurie van Someren, Aleph One Ltd, Old Courthouse, Bottisham, CAMBRIDGE
CB25 9BA UK t: +44 (0)1 223 811 679 www.aleph1.co.uk & www.yaffs.net