Re: [Yaffs] what's the different between multi-version and s…

Author: Charles Manning
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] what's the different between multi-version and single-version?
On Monday 26 December 2011 18:51:23 EzioZhang wrote:
> As source code shows , many files have single and multi two different
> version , i.e. yaffs_mtdif2_multi.c and yaffs_mtdif2_single.c ,
> yportenv_multi.h and yportenv_single.h.
>
> there functions look same.
>
> So what’s the real different of the two different? And if don’t use yaffs
> with OS,and I could comment these files?

This might have already been answered...

The Linux VFS and mtd interfaces change every now and then. The multi version
files are intended to keep compatible with multiple different Linux versions.

The single version is a stripped down version that excludes the multi-version
capability.

In general, you want to use the multi version.

-- Charles