Re: [Yaffs] Alias size limit for yaffs2

Author: Charles Manning
To: Waldemar Rymarkiewicz
CC: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Alias size limit for yaffs2
On Friday 13 January 2012 01:21:58 Waldemar Rymarkiewicz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can I extend alias length to 1K for yaffs2 without any problems?
>
> I guess, the limit 159B is to comply with yaffs1 512 page size, but I
> think we can extend this limit to 1K (or even more) for yaffs2 to fill
> remaining empty bytes in the 2K chunk.

> Is this right?

Hello Waldemar

Yes you certainly can do that if you wish.

The rest of the space in the header is used for extended attributes. If you
expand the symlink alias then it will just eat into that a bit.

btw: Just for my education... How big do you want to make it? Where are you
needing such long symlinks.

-- Charles