Re: [Yaffs] Alias size limit for yaffs2

Author: Rymarkiewicz Waldemar
To: Charles Manning
CC: yaffs@lists.aleph1.co.uk
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Alias size limit for yaffs2
Hi Charles
> Yes you certainly can do that if you wish.
>
> The rest of the space in the header is used for extended attributes. If you
> expand the symlink alias then it will just eat into that a bit.
>
> btw: Just for my education... How big do you want to make it? Where are you
> needing such long symlinks.

Well, Google adds a new test case in the latest CTS which checks long
paths handling and assumes alias max len of 1K.
I have doubts about sense of this test case, and it's not a solution
just to extend the alias size.

However, why not to use the space which is not use to support aliases
up to 1k

/Waldek