[Yaffs] Issue with yaffs2 compilation on linux

+ (text/html)
Author: Abhishek Joshi
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] Issue with yaffs2 compilation on linux
Hi,
With linux kernel version 4.10.0-38-generic, when I compile yaffs2 as an
out of tree module, I get the following warning:

*WARNING: "readlink_copy"
[/home/abjoshi/workspace/cse523/yaffs2/yaffs2multi.ko] undefined!*
I did a bit of digging and found that '*readlink_copy'* is used in
yaffs_readlink when the kernel version is greater than 3.15 and is in fact,
not exported which explains the warning, I think.
I believe I am missing something here, module obviously cannot have
undefined symbols. Is this a kernel version problem? Any help is greatly
appreciated.

My compilation steps:
- git clone
- make