[Yaffs] Re: mkyaffs for YAFFS2?

ksi at koi8.net ksi at koi8.net
Fri Apr 21 01:01:04 BST 2006

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006, Wookey wrote:

> +++ ksi at koi8.net [06-04-20 09:39 -0700]:
>> On Thu, 20 Apr 2006, Wookey wrote:
>>
>>> +++ Ross Stutterheim [06-04-20 08:56 -0500]:
> board.
>
>>> ... modify mkyaffs to work for yaffs2.
>>>
>>> I don't recall anyone having done that previously.
>>
>> I did. And I did send the source to the list. But yeah, I'm not among
> your
>> favorite worshippers so it's left in vain and never got applied.
>
> I can see a ptach for mkyaffsimage from you on 10th Feb, but not one for
> mkyaffs. Have you done one for mkyaffs as well, or are you mixing the
> two
> utils up?

Yeah, it's a mixup... Anyway, I don't understand why anyone need mkyaffs int
the first place that's why I didn't bother to port it. It's easily
replaceable with flash_eraseall followed by nand_write.

> I agree there is no sign of your mkyaffs2image patch in CVS. I'll take a
> look at it. (mkyaffs2image is currently working for me, but there is
> certainly room for improvement :-)

My version works with my unioob patch. If one uses the unpatched one it
rewrites bad block markers.

---