[Yaffs-archive] Latest CVS

Author: Nick Bane
To: yaffs list
Subject: [Yaffs-archive] Latest CVS
Charles

I updated from the latest CVS and found a couple of minor hiccoughs.

1) #define T(x,y) now exists where it used to be T(x) in yportenv.h and that
breaks yaffs_fs.c. My fix was to redefine T(x) as blank in yaffs_fs.c but
you may want to clean that up.
2) There is a missing function declaration for yaffs_FlushFilesChunkCache
for those of us with a nicer OS than CE. :-)

I'll do an outline HOWTO for root fs in a kernel (2.4.19-rmk4). It should be
posted this weekend. A summary is:

1) Patch the nand.c in mtd to ignore the ecc calculations if NAND_ECC_NONE
is selected.
2) Add yaffs to the fs list - needs a couple of mods in the Makefile.
3) Do ones own nand interface and make sure that NAND_ECC_NONE is asserted
(be aware that this makes the rest of the chip unsuitable for CRAMFS/JFFS2)
4) Mod bootldr to upload a yaffs_image into the relevant region.
5) Set up the right command line (couple of gotchas there)

This is all a bit easier with the examples I'll upload onto the balloon site
and notify this list when done. I have been using yaffs as a root fs for
quite a while now and it is very useable. This last fix should progress it
from alpha to beta maybe.

Nick