[Yaffs-archive] Re: Latest CVS

Author: Thomas Gleixner
To: Nick Bane, yaffs list
New-Topics: [Yaffs-archive] Re:[YAFFS] Latest CVS ==> Interaction with mtd
Subject: [Yaffs-archive] Re: Latest CVS
On Friday 22 November 2002 11:00, Nick Bane wrote:

> 1) Patch the nand.c in mtd to ignore the ecc calculations if NAND_ECC_NONE
> is selected.
> 3) Do ones own nand interface and make sure that NAND_ECC_NONE is asserted
> (be aware that this makes the rest of the chip unsuitable for CRAMFS/JFFS2)

Maybe it would be more conveniant to use the latest nand-code from mtd-cvs,.
where a lot of speedups were done and the selection of ECC is possible
through the filesystem driver, as I posted on 9-25-02 on this list. The
actual JFFS2 code supports this new behaviour and it should be no big deal to
modify yaffs to use it too. So you can use both on one system.

This would surely increase the chance to get it into the kernel code sometime.

--
Thomas