[Yaffs-archive] Re: [yaffs] About NAND_YAFFS_OOB

Author: Thomas Gleixner
To: Edward J. Lee, yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs-archive] Re: [yaffs] About NAND_YAFFS_OOB
On Saturday 08 March 2003 01:59, Edward J. Lee wrote:
> Hi folks.
> I'm still struggling with the compilation
> (I used 'USE_OLD_MTD' till now, and because of the catastrophic speed
> I guess I'll have to use a different method)
> and I just can't manage to get over the NAND_YAFFS_OOB, NAND_NONE_OOB
> problem.

NAND_YAFFS_OOB, NAND_NONE_OOB is not longer supported in actual MTD code. We
changed the rules for OOB-selection. The current YAFFS CVS code is aware of
this changes.

from yaffs_mtdif.c

#ifndef    CONFIG_YAFFS_USE_OLD_MTD
    if(data && spare)
    {
        if(dev->useNANDECC)
        {
                u8 tmpSpare[ YAFFS_BYTES_PER_SPARE + (2*sizeof(int)) ];
            retval =
mtd->read_ecc(mtd,addr,dev->nBytesPerChunk,&dummy,data,tmpSpare,yaffs_oobinfo);
                memcpy(spareAsBytes, tmpSpare, YAFFS_BYTES_PER_SPARE);
        }
        else
        {
            retval =
mtd->read_ecc(mtd,addr,dev->nBytesPerChunk,&dummy,data,spareAsBytes,&yaffs_noeccinfo);
        }
    }
    else
    {
#endif

Use latest MTD-CVS code and latest YAFFS CVS code and you will be fine.

--
Thomas