Re: [Balloon] Did we get in the news?

Author: Mathieu AGOPIAN
To: Balloon
Subject: Re: [Balloon] Did we get in the news?
Ok maybe it's the right time for me to introduce myself ;)
I heard about the Balloon project from Peter Long (Cambridge University)
while attending to a Robotic Internation Design Contest.
Actually i'm just beginning in the field of robotics, but i'm quite
involved with a lot of french people mainly participating to the French Robotic
Cup (around 180 teams competing each year on a different theme, each team
composed from 4 to sometimes 20 members).
The card seems (nearly) perfect for that use : autonomous robots.
I'm at the time collecting remarks about the Balloon board, and might soon
have some feedback for you (if you are interested in having them ;)

I'm actually starting my third (and hopefully last) year of Phd Thesis in
computer science in South of France (Marseille), and I am really interested
in robotics myself (it's more a hobby than a study for the moment).
I founded a robotic club in Marseille, and hope to be able to compete to
this year's French Cup.
I'm also willing to help out, in any way possible ;) (documentation,
development, collecting feedback from teams, "advertising" to the teams
competing, maybe demonstrating?)

That's it for now, please ask if you have any question or comment, and tell
me where help would be needed !

Regards

Mathieu AGOPIAN

P.S: i'm actually spreading the news about the balloon project to people
working with "Planete Sciences", a national association in France, willing
to bring science to the youth, and organising the French Robotic Cup (and a
whole lot of events in different fields like Energy, Environment, Space,
Astronomy ...).

On top of the French Robotic Cup, a European Robotic Cup is held, called
Eurobot Open (open, because countries from other continents also
participate).

If you speak french, you can give a look at http://www.planete-sciences.org
otherwise you can go to http://www.planete-sciences.org/robot/concours/eurobot/garde_en.html
which talks about the Eurobot Open Cup.

All those people might be interested in having a cheap, efficient, low
consumption, aimed at robotic , that'll prevent them from having the hassle
to "tweak" a PC to fit it in their robot.

I will give you (if you still want to ;) feedback from some of these people,
and give you a list of what they would maybe like to have with (or on) the
card, regarding software and/or hardware.

Regards