Re: AW: [Balloon] Did we get in the news?

Author: Steve Wiseman
To: balloon
Subject: Re: AW: [Balloon] Did we get in the news?
17/09/2004 07:17:15, wrote:

>I will help where I can. Has anyone yet decided whcih type of

flash will
>be used.
>I know the pxa27x has built. But only 32MB.

We are using the PXA270, which doesn't have any SDRAM or Flash
ROM built in. The stacked pachages are only available in 0.65mm
BGA packages, which are too dense for the PCB technology I want
to use for Balloon. Only the version without any memory attached,
the PXA270, is available in a low cost package, of 1.0mm BGA.)

>Can the amount of flash increasesnd with external ones. I

haven't yet read the data but now I know what I have to do this
weekend. :-)

There is a _lot_ of data - have a fun weekend :)

However, Balloon2 allowed over 3GBytes of flash, mostly as NAND
flash, which is very cheap, but can't be used as boot devices, just
file storage. (Much work has been done by the yaffs team to make
it all 'just work', and it does- it's rather impressive)
The memory layout for BAlloon3 is not yet decided, but I hope to
make it similar to Balloon2.

Steve