RE: [Balloon] Network card for the Compact Flash socket.

Author: Paul Fidler
To: balloon
Subject: RE: [Balloon] Network card for the Compact Flash socket.
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Nick Bane wrote:

> Yes
>
> Socket-LPE and Socket 100 mbit plus 3 Linksys WCF11 dlink DCF-650W and
> dlink DCF-660W

As a counter example, I've been trying to get a Linksys WCF12 Wireless
card to work. The card itself is recognised (cardctl and dump_cis both
work) but none of the drivers seem to be able to talk to it.

So far, I've tried it with the orinoco_cs, hostap_cs and prism2_cs
drivers (all of which claim to support it) but with no success.

It may just be a problem with my particular card, or I may be building the
drivers/kernel incorrectly.

I've now ordered a D-Link DCF660W...

Paul Fidler
--
Cambridge University Engineering Department | Tel: +44 1223 332816
Trumpington Street, Cambridge, CB2 1PZ, UK | Fax: +44 1223 332662