[Yaffs] Re: power fail testing

Author: Sergei Sharonov
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] Re: power fail testing
Hi,

As I reported sometimes power cycling produces files where some/few zeros are
flipped to ones. I have the following hypothesis, please let me know if it
makes sense or I am missing something in my understanding of yaffs_guts.

1. The error does not happen under stable power condition so it is likely that
power fail causes partial programming, e.g. some ones do not program to zero.
2. Initial scan will not check crc on data and happily count a page as a valid
chunk of the file.
3. Garbage collector may later copy the bad page without checking crc (!) to a
new block and assign it a (new) good crc.

How about that?

Sergei Sharonov