Re: [Balloon] Re: Balloon 3 Samtec pinout - first proposal

Author: Steve Wiseman
To: balloon@balloonboard.org
Subject: Re: [Balloon] Re: Balloon 3 Samtec pinout - first proposal
On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:19:43 +0100, Wookey <> wrote:

>> Yes, agreed.
> Umm we use VDD_3V to feed the power in, will this still
> work or is VDD_IO some other supply we make all
> connections to the board though the connector ?

Hmm. No. The low-power nature of Balloon3's power supply section means
that it has to be fed from VDD_RAW, I'm afraid.
VDD_IO is now definitely an output only.

> sorry pins 1,3,5,7 ARE DQM0-3 are they not?

Yes, but on SA1100, they were called nCASx , rather than DQMx. I'm just
making damn sure we don't use nSDCASx instead, because it sounds similar...

> HOWEVER if you drop these - then you commit yourself to
> using only 8 or 16 bit IO. You won't be able to drive a
> chip like the smc lan91c96 in 16 bit mode.

Fret not...

Steve