[Balloon] Re: L3 Jflash/Bootloader

Author: Wookey
To: david
CC: Balloon
Subject: [Balloon] Re: L3 Jflash/Bootloader
+++ David Bisset [06-02-15 09:34 -0000]:
> Nick/Wookey
>
> Could you give me some idea on the progress towards having a working Jflash
> and bootldr for L3?

I don't really know. And Nick is on hols.

I haven't done anything about it. I'm not sure what nick has done.
I assume he has them workingon mainstone and that this should be very
similar to Balloon3, but I'm not sure exactly how similar.

We (in the form of Colin Tuckley) are currently sorting out the code for Balloon2 to get it
tidied up for developer use. Colin could probably be persuaded to look at
Loon3 stuff instead for a while, but without hardware he probably can't do
much.

> We are likely to have boards by sometime next week and on the assumption
> that it may take Chris and I a few days to get to the point where we need to
> put some code into the processor we are likely to need these things at the
> beginning of March.

Does the marvellous XJTAG not have a 'download code to this flash using this
CPU' function? (we will still need Jflash or something similar in due
course, but this might be better for your immediate purposes).

Paul fiddler is the last person to have worked on Jflash, with intent to add
L3 support I think. Paul?

> If this is unlikely to happen with current resource then please let me know
> so I can sort this out.

Forwarded to list for comment by anyone who knows/is volunteering.